Saturday, February 23, 2008

Baby sharing

No, not sharing babies like sharing a toy or an object; more like sharing experiences, stories, feelings, fears and realizations. Today, we spent the afternoon with another couple who had a baby only two weeks after we did. Since Amanda is only 11 weeks old, we are pretty much on the same path of development (though lots can happen in two weeks).

I found it refreshing that they have had similar experiences, frustrations and joys of parenting as have had. Tim receives the same greeting upon coming home from work from his Angela as I receive from my Amanda - tears not of joy, but frustration. With the hustle and bustle of the work day, all a father wants is some peace and quiet upon arriving home. That's not in our daughters' game plan so it seems.

I do have to say that our Amanda is getting much better these days. Her fits of crying (for no apparent reason) has decreased and she sleeps longer at night.

Our visit to Natalie and Tim also included a tour of their new home. It was our first visit; it's a very nice house. Katie and I are jealous of a few facets: square-footage, closet space, elbow room, finished basement, storage, his/hers sinks and laundry room. I could elaborate, but I don't feel it's necessary. We had a great time today; thank you for your hospitality.

No comments: