Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Vacation is approaching

We haven't been on a vacation (I mean a real vacation not just a weekend wedding trip or a 4-day weekend to nowhere) since our honeymoon three and a half years ago. We are headed out to San Diego to visit Brian and Laura.

We really need the time off and a change of climate. While my S.A.D. has eased, I still crave some sunshine on my face and the ability to run out of doors without four layers of clothing.

Do I want to relocate? Hell no, all we need is a little break. Even those that have relocated to the Southwest (I often hear Phoenix and San Diego) are no happier. They always find something to complain about. Phoenix has deadly heat from April to October and San Diego has wildfires that consume homes every year. I like our seasons. I like being close to family and culture and good food and entertainment.

No comments: