Friday, October 26, 2007

I have a future in voice-over

I work for a very large company. I used to work for a very small IT consulting firm. Both have their advantages. My current place of employment is in the notifications industry (voice, e-mail, text, fax [yes, people still use fax]) where we make phone calls for many clients; I manage the production operations side of the house (servers, networks, applications, etc).

One such client wants to send out a blast call to alert customers in SoCal that their homes are on fire and they won't be getting their prescriptions as previously thought because the entire earth is ablaze and UPS/FedEx/DHL cannot deliver to a slab of concrete.

I've been tapped to voice the call that will ultimately touch the lives of, oh, about 15-75 people. To be completely honest, I've only been asked because the female voice talent that did the last call happens to have a vacation day today. In case you don't know, female voices are more sought-after than male voices. When was the last time you went through an automated voice prompting menu and it was a male voice? I digress. We'll see how it goes.

No comments: