Wednesday, January 23, 2008

A husband's guilt

My daughter is just over 6 weeks old and she's becoming a real pistol. She won't sleep in her crib, only in your arms or very near you. She might have separation anxiety. Is that possible? I don't know. What I do know is that it's been very difficult on Katie to do anything other than be a baby transport all day long. She can't even shower without some sort of wailing and gnashing of teeth. I really feel bad that she has to put up with that day in and day out at home. After about 90 minutes of it, I start losing my mind. I don't know how she copes.
It's not that I am free of wailing and gnashing of teeth while at work, oh no. However, there is some sort of a two-way conversation and reason involved with adults. You at least know you're being heard.
There is a light at the end of this week's tunnel. Her mother will spend two days with us to, and I quote, "hold the baby". Her mom loves to hold babies. Guess what? We have a baby that loves to be held. Sounds like a perfect match to me.

No comments: