Saturday, June 28, 2008

Landscaping

Wow am I over my head... What an exhausting weekend I had. Once again, my personal savior Brian came over and gave me a hand. Earlier in the week, he offered to deliver some wood chips from a neighboring village that he works for. With all the recent storms, they had lots of quality "green" trees that were chipped to get them out of the streets. After the pile fills up, the village has to pay to dump them somewhere. For nothing, they dumped three buckets full from a front-end loader in my driveway. That's how it started.

Once Brian showed up after lunch today, we got to work. The tally:
-2 trees cut down
-untold number of vines removed from fence
-6 bushes removed from front of the house
-3 rogue bushes/trees removed from around garage
-potted plants staged in front of house to take place of the bushes
-1.5 tons of wood chips placed around house and garage (and more are coming next week to complete the job)

What am I going to do when this man moves to California? He's single-handedly motivated my ass to accomplish a dozen or so projects around the house/car/etc. He has no fear. I'm afraid that I won't finish what I've started.

Brian, if you're listening, don't pay any attention to me. Live out your dreams. Enjoy the opportunity. It may never come along again. I'll be here. Come back when you're ready. I'll keep in touch.

No comments: