Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Tooth!

I was at my sister's Sunday afternoon in Winfield. They had a parade to celebrate their weekend of "The Good Old Days" celebration - http://www.winfieldchamber.biz/GoodOldDaysSch.pdf. They have dunk tanks and all that jazz that jerks at our memories of days of yore.

At this parade they throw LOTS of candy. After the parade, I was enjoying some DOTS and oops, my crown popped off of my lower left rear molar. Damn, what a buzz kill. I had some temperature sensitivity, but not much general pain. It's really hard and annoying to chew on only one side of your mouth. On top of that, it was really difficult to drink beer during the Bears game Sunday night! I survived.

I called my dentist and alerted my coworkers Sunday night that I would be working from home as I did not know when I could get an appointment. It was not an emergency so I did not feel the need to contact the dentist himself after-hours. After all, I know what that's all about and it's no fun for anyone. Their office hours on Monday are 1-8pm so I knew that I would not have resolution until after lunch. I was okay with that and left a message to call me.

I got in at 3:30pm to have the crown cemented in. I figured it would be a quick in-out; I was wrong. The crown had worn a hole on the tongue side and that caused all the cement to loosen and it chose Sunday afternoon to pull loose (my DOTS did not help). That said, I now have a temporary cemented in, have the taste of cloves in my mouth (they flavor the cement with cloves?) and the dentist needs to send the crown out for repair if that's possible. After that, I need to go back in and have the temp removed and the crown put back in. I feel like I could use an oil change, too.

No comments: