Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Folsum Prison Blues

Some days I feel like I'm stuck in Folsum Prison... I can't see out a window, but I know it's nice outside and I feel traped in an office all day long. I don't have time off, I'm always on, always supporting and trapped under a pile of work. It gets really old. We watched "Walk the Line" again last night; happened to catch it on cable. What a great movie.

"I hear that train a-commin', it's rollin' around the bend.
And I ain't seen the sunshine since I don't know when.
I'm stuck in Folsom prison and time keeps draggin' on.
But that train keeps a-rollin' on down to San Antone.

When I was just a baby, my mama told me, son.
Always be a good boy, don't ever play with guns.
But I shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.
When I hear that whistle blowin', I hang my head and cry.

I bet there's rich folks eatin' in a fancy dining car.
They're probably drinking coffee and smoking big cigars.
But I know I had it coming, I know I can't be free.
But those people keep a-movin' and that's what tortures me.

Well if that freed me from this prison and that railroad train was mine.
I bet I'd move it on a little farther down the line.
Far from Folsom prison, that's where I want to stay.
And I'd let that lonesome whistle blow my blues away."

No comments: