Monday, July 7, 2008

Raw

I love Netflix. With some free time late last night, we decided to take in a "watch instant" movie download from Netflix. Somehow, Eddie Murphy's "Raw" showed up as a new release. I have never seen it before (if you can believe that) so we decided to stream it for some comedic relief.

It wasn't all that funny. Sure, it was vulgar and profane and all the things you want as an adult that they can't do on "Last Comic Standing". It just seemed like it was trying too hard. Maybe it was funny back in 1987, but not 20 years later.

It makes me want to go back and watch "Delierious". That's what I thought I was seeing. They both have the same connotation in my memory banks. Oh well, that was that. Maybe I was too stressed out to open up and enjoy the comedy. Katie was laughing for most of it. I was unmoved.

No comments: