Sunday, November 16, 2008

'Tis the season

For the first time in what seems like forever, Katie and I went to Oak Brook Center two days in a row (or anywhere on a Sat/Sun combo). On Saturday, we wanted to hit up the Christkindlmarket for lunch and then we made a return trip on Sunday to do more shopping because we have such a short span of time away from the house with Amanda in tow. On Saturday, we did not notice any Christmas music playing in the shops or the mall walkways. On Sunday, it was evident that a switch have have been turned and it was "the most wonderful time of the year" everywhere. Don't get me wrong, I loves me some Christmas music, but it seems it is encroaching more and more each year. WLIT 93.9 FM started playing Christmas music on November 1st this year. I thought we had to get through one holiday to appreciate the next (Thanksgiving, then Christmas, then New Years). I blame the marketing companies and those that want to take Christ out of Christmas and make it a secular celebration.

No comments: