Monday, October 13, 2008

Ride to work day

Happy Columbus Day. I rode the bike into work today. I left the house at 6:20 to make sure I got to work on time. I was almost an hour early. It's sorta nice to have some time to yourself in the 7:00 hour when no one is present in the office.

I was hoping to snag one of the coveted free street parking spots on Franklin where motorcycles, mopeds and scooters have been parking for weeks. Since today is some sort of a holiday, I was hoping to have little competition. It appears the city has become wise and I noticed some new parking signage on the street. More importantly, no other bikes were parked there today. I figured that I would get a ticket so I decided to pay the (now higher) $13 to park in the garage next to my office. What a rip. I have been looking at over 30 motorcycles and scooters parking on Franklin for months. Now that I decide to ride in to take advantage of it (and break up my boring morning commute) and cannot take advantage. Bunk!

No comments: